This guide is designed specifically for parents. It lists over 2,000 special schools and mainstream schools with provision for special needs, and includes detailed profiles of many of these schools plus extensive guidance on the system of obtaining special needs provision.
Topics within the book cover:
- assessment and of needs, statementing, suitable provision and the choice of an appropriate school
- where to seek help; the rights of parents and the role of the Local Education Authority
- aims and effects of the Code of Practice
- the Special Educational Needs Tribunal
- arrangements and regulations for special needs in Scotland
- benefits and allowances for children with special needs, their parents and carers
- special arrangements for GCSE and GCE examinations
- guidance on further and higher education
- advice for parents from overseas
- geographical directories of independent and non-maintained special schools, colleges and support services for young people aged 16+, state maintained special schools and independent mainstream schools with provision for special needs
- detailed information on over 80 schools with special needs provision
- useful addresses, associations and support groups
- suggested titles for further reading
To buy the 2012/13 edition, click here.
Contact Gabbitas' publications department.