Special needs provision continues to be the focus of much attention. A growing emphasis on the importance of meeting individual and often complex needs means that finding the right school for your child can be a complicated process.
Schools for Special Needs is an indispensable aid for anyone investigating the legal and practical aspects of SEN provision for children and young people at all stages of education. Included in this edition:
- assessment and identification of needs, statementing and new health and care plans, suitable provision and school choice
- coverage of all special needs from ADHD and Autism to Speech and Language Difficulty and Visual Impairment
- where to seek help, parents’ rights and the role of the local authority
- the Special Educational Needs Code of Practice
- directories of independent and non-maintained special schools, colleges and support services
- details of state-maintained special schools and mainstream independent schools with specialist provision
“Comprehensive, step-by-step guide to all aspects of finding the right provision for a child with special educational needs.” Education Journal
Sorry, this product is currently out of stock.
Contact Gabbitas' publications department.