For students new to the UK we offer an ‘Elite Start Service’ for the first term; this is available to all new students under our Guardianship as well as those who don’t require our Guardianship services. It is based on students staying with one of our experienced guardian families for the five days prior to the beginning of their very first school term in order to make the transition into school life as smooth as possible. During this time students will have the opportunity to:
- Become acclimatised to our weather and food
- Discover more about our English culture
- Learn about the area around their school including the best places to visit, how local transport works, what shopping & leisure facilities are available
- Be advised and accompanied by a member of the family as required in order to purchase any items needed for school including school uniform, equipment and books
- Purchase a UK mobile phone
- Open a UK bank account (subject to age)
If required, a member of the family will also accompany students to school on their first day, helping them to settle into their room and sorting out any queries or problems that may arise.
To contact us regarding your child's guardianship needs, click here.
To apply to become a Gabbitas guardian family, click here.